Is the wiki still alive?

Rhys

I've found a bit of time to upload some pictures and things, but have run into some problems. I added a photo to the SWCC page but need to fiddle with the formatting. I'm now getting "page not found" for the edit and history pages and also the image itself. Any chance you could take a look Bubba?

The .jpg was bigger than recommended, but not that big. I can't imagine that killed it.

Rhys

bubba

Administrator
The problem was related to the server RAM issue (see topic in support) - should be fixed for the time being now.

bubba

Administrator
The wiki development seems to have stalled for the moment, which is a shame imho.

I don't really have time to put any work into it at the moment, but everyone else can still add to the wiki.

It's actually shaping up quite nicely, but i'm just hoping it's not being forgotten about.

Hughie

I check it periodically - it's always interesting to see what people have written about a dig that they have had nothing to do with. Apologies - a very specific criticism. In general, it's very good. Will post more on it when the landowner is happy for us to - currently, he's not.

A

andymorgan

Could it be publicised in Descent (and this forum) to get a few more cavers interested and on-board.

bubba

Administrator
Well it's publicised here already, assuming people use the unread posts function ;)

I don't have the cash for adverts in mags - that said, i wonder what it would cost.

A

andymorgan

I wasn't thinking of an advert as such, just a brief note in the 'newsdesk' section (if that is what is called). Maybe just a short email to Descent would do the trick.
  Anyway you're the boss Bubba, Its just a suggestion!

SamT

I have spoken to Chris Howes before (via email) about a mention of UKCaving.com in the Speleonet column. Nothing ever got done though. It was a long time ago though.

Might be worth another go - especially now we've got the wiki.

bubba

Administrator
Once again the wiki is pretty dead - come on folks, keep up the momentum!

Especially those who requested it in the first place (mentioning no names ;) )

bubba

Administrator
Nice one :)

Though this topic is 3 years old now  :-\

Wiki is doing pretty well now I reckon....I know the bulk of edits are by two or three people but it's really getting somewhere imo.

martinb

bubba said:
Nice one :)

Though this topic is 3 years old now  :-\

Wiki is doing pretty well now I reckon....I know the bulk of edits are by two or three people but it's really getting somewhere imo.

Noticed that there is 'sod all' for Stoney Middleton.

Will try and retify that over the next couple of weeks.

M

martinb

had another 'bash' tonight, filled a few gaps/links for Stoney M and Castleton.

had enough now, off to Hungerhill Swallet tomorrow.  ;)

Martin