Dissertation help!

CaverA

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you might be able to help. Starting to panic slightly as Summer is coming and I'm meant to submit a full Dissertation proposal along with health and safety considerations and begin testing ready to write it up next year. However I'm having equipment troubles!

I'm looking to borrow/buy 4 atmospheric sensors that can data log to a 'tinytag' data logger. I've bee contacting companies but the types of quotes I've got back are well out of my small University's price range. It was suggest that I contact local University, local to Bath that is and so far I have contacted University of Bristol and University of the West of England, so far I've not heard anything back. I'm also going to contact Baths other university as well.

I'm not even sure if University share equipment, but if anybody can help could you private message me. Thanks

Sam

C

cucc Paul

Can you not collect samples and take them back to a lab fo analysis.

Look about this forum, somewhere on here there are a few chaps that have some already in opperation on mendip, im sure a bit of data swapping would be permitable.

CaverA

Sorry I should of been more specific. I'm looking to measure pressure underground.

So far I've looked at companies who supply Barometric pressure sensors, to expensive!
Local University's - out of the three e-mails I sent, only one has got back to me. They suggested a weather stations.
Companies who supply weather stations, the right price but, oddly enough they measure the weather and don't always give a barometric reading.

Somebody also suggested GPS units. The search continues.

Sam

Cave_Troll

try altimeter watches from someone like suunto

try
http://w01-0504.web.dircon.net/acatalog/Main_Menu_Altimeter_Watches_239.html

reasonably accurate. when were in the crete mountains it was matching to within 1m with the GPS. walk 2 m up hill and both devices would notice.

francis

Garmin's GPSMAP 60CSx has a built in altimeter that measures the air pressure. The GPSMAP 60CS has not.

Francis