Ogof Draenen

NigR

whitelackington said:
Can The PDCMG let the rest of us know
is Ogof Draenen open or closed?
What is the more surprising? That PDCMG have not announced anything in public or that nobody else has posted on this topic? I can quite understand the former but the latter baffles me.

Brains

SamT said:
Guessing everyone is just sat about waiting to hear on way or tuther.
Hope so, its either that or being afraid of triggering an over reaction and shedful of angst and mudslinging... ;)

damian

Ogof Draenen will be staying open, but with access only through the original entrance. I have a copy of the most recent landowners' e-mail that confirms this.

AA Speleo

Yes, whilst I appreciate the PDCMC would not want to get involved in the "War of the Words" surely this forum would be the place to give up to date information to a fairly wide audience.

bubba

Administrator
whitelackington said:
Where is the statement from the PDCMG SECRETARY?
She doesn't like the forum because people have apparently (though I've seen no incident of personal abuse whatsoever) been nasty to her.
icon_boohoo.gif

SamT

Presumably, full statement and article will appear in Descent, the correct and proper place for such information to be published.

....In errrmm....June  :-\ ::)

Bang up to date then.

Les W

Surely Sam, the correct place for this information is PDCMG's own website or Cambrian's access pages?

Assuming that is that they wish to publicise the information further than their own members (which they already have)

whitelackington

whitelackington said:
Can The PDCMG let the rest of us know
is Ogof Draenen open or closed?
I am sure we are mostly unclear what has happened.
I thought the Landowners either wanted a compromise
or Ogof Draenen would be closed to cavers.
As we have not heard of a compromise
does this mean that the Landowners have changed their minds?

SamT

whitelackington said:
As we have not heard of a compromise
does this mean that the Landowners have changed their minds?

Careful.... that's how rumours start!!!  ;)

SamT

Les W said:
Surely Sam, the correct place for this information is PDCMG's own website or Cambrian's access pages?

Yep - brilliant... then Whitelackington could provide us with a link  :LOL:

AA Speleo

Les W said:

Yes of course, but it`s not on either !

Assuming that is that they wish to publicise the information further than their own members (which they already have)

This is part of the problem

graham

What's to publicise? As far as I can see, the recent statement in Descent, or rather that came in the "stop press" with Descent, is an accurate summation of the current access position.

dunc

graham said:
What's to publicise? As far as I can see, the recent statement in Descent, or rather that came in the "stop press" with Descent, is an accurate summation of the current access position.
If you refer to the "stop press" that appeared on the sheet of paper included with Descent then yes it does, but that is only available to subscribers - what of those that haven't seen the "stop press", something needs publicising for their benefit surely?