DCRO Introduction and Refresher Seminar

paul

The Derbyshire Cave Rescue Organisation are holding an Introduction and Refresher Seminar at the Whitehall Centre, Buxton www.whitehallcentre.co.uk on 12th November, 2005

This is intended as a refresher for current Team members and an introduction for newer Team members on various topics and techniques such as Underground First Aid, Stretchers, Communications and Pitch Hauling.

The Seminar is open to all interested cavers whether Team members or not.

Perhaps you would like to see some of the current techniques and equipment in action? Or maybe you want to become more involved with the DCRO?

If so come along! The day kicks off at 09:30 with coffee and should finish at around 16:30.

A

Alan Brentnall

This event went very well - with just over twenty delegates.

The seminar will probably be repeated in about a year's time - so keep a watch on our new website www.DerbyshireCRo_Org.uk which replaces the one which Shaun at Hitch & Hike has been kindly hosting for the past few years.

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to turn up at any of our training evenings and exercises - again, keep an eye on www.DerbyshireCRo_Org.uk.

Cheers
Alan

D

Dave H

Hi lads and lasses,

I would definately have come, but I managed to miss the invite - see you next time you run it.

I'm a bit too far away to be much use to you on Derbyshire call-outs and Northamptonshire doesn't have any caves, only two sealed mines near Wellingborough (unless anyone knows better)
But, if I'm on Peak when there's a call-out I'll always voulenteer to help, if required.