Weird Find..

AndyF

We went caving at the w/e, and in an obscure mine level we found something bizarre.

There was a large plastic crate containg, wrapped up in plastic bags, a whole heap of old books. Jumble sale quality, but lots of them. Mostly 60's & 70's, "Readers Digest" sort of stuff. One was dated 2001.

Next to it were two rocket tubes, packed with food. Chocolate, Parmezan chees, soup etc. etc... Sell by dates 2001

Now I know what you think - rescue dump, but this was 10 feet from an entrance in a 40ft blind mine level...

..or Kids hideout. But no sign of eaten food, candle, coke tins etc. that you would expect to find.

This is in a very obscure location, the only thing I can come up with is it's a "Milenium" time capsule sort of thing.... maybe a school project (Peak District)

Anyone any ideas, or knowledge about this...

Yours Mystified...

Stu

AndyF said:
We went caving at the w/e, and in an obscure mine level we found something bizarre.

There was a large plastic crate containg, wrapped up in plastic bags, a whole heap of old books. Jumble sale quality, but lots of them. Mostly 60's & 70's, "Readers Digest" sort of stuff. One was dated 2001.

Next to it were two rocket tubes, packed with food. Chocolate, Parmezan chees, soup etc. etc... Sell by dates 2001

Now I know what you think - rescue dump, but this was 10 feet from an entrance in a 40ft blind mine level...

..or Kids hideout. But no sign of eaten food, candle, coke tins etc. that you would expect to find.

This is in a very obscure location, the only thing I can come up with is it's a "Milenium" time capsule sort of thing.... maybe a school project (Peak District)

Anyone any ideas, or knowledge about this...

Yours Mystified...

You mean you found my stash of smut!! You b*****d!! :D