A Tribute to my Olympus TG 2

The Old Ruminator

I cant kill the thing. It has gone on 97 Vurley digging trips, Reservoir Hole digging and various other trips. It has taken many thousands of photos underground as I use the old BLF method of taking 100 and keeping 20 or so. I have 3,000 saved Vurley images alone so that makes some 15,000 photos down there . The figures have worn off the menu wheel , the front glass is getting scratched but still it never lets me down  :hug:

These from this week showing me using the camera on 12 second timer to explore passages new. I have two selfie sticks together to reach over 2 metres. Images via Postimage.

Pete Rose in "The Egg Timer".

I bought a TG 4 to replace it but have so far only used it for Live Composite Mode shots.

The Old Ruminator

The TG 5 is out now.

A couple from yesterday --

Peter Glanvill passing by in "The Egg Timer." See how the boulder was wired up to a higher scaffold pole before the lower one was put in place.

Stick photo for the group to show area for scaffolding to go. Camera is at the lowest point in the cave.

Capping kit in "The Egg Timer".

The 12 second delay timer is ideal for self images and dig planning also to show areas yet unreached. I have two selfie sticks that can be joined together.

Very loose choke at lowest point with timer. Foolishly I had my nose up against this and had to back out in panic. The remote view is safer.

The images accompany weekly dig reports to the group and give some cohesion in planning and work. The same people are not at the site every week.

That first photo would make an excellent subject for a caption competition. Looks like he's grimacing in pain as the boulder is lifted off his hand!

chunky

Here here. The TG 2 was my first caving camera and I still have it. As you say it has been impossible to break it! Got a few scratches on the lens now but still a great little camera, not to mention the video capabilities.

Hope you don't mind me posting on your thread OR, just wanted to show you don't need thousands worth of camera equipment to have fun with photography underground.

Short shot from last months trip in to swinsto taken with the TG-2: https://youtu.be/N-uaFi4oYKU?t=13

These taken with a TG2 using helmets to light from a trip to the far north where I only wanted to carry a point and click:

18422958_10154457957847231_7008377986602603307_o.jpg

18358762_10154457957612231_4742872577918588088_o.jpg