Down to a Sunless Sea and the Great San Augustin Rescue

andychapm

I've been given permission to reprint both Down to a Sunless Sea and the Great San Augustin Rescue by the benefactors of Mike Boon's will. However, both books will also be available online.
I was wondering if there would be any interest in a hard copy being made available of both. I would be using Print on Demand and any profits would be donated to Doctors without Borders (Mike Boon's selected charity).
Thanks
Andy

Clive G

andychapm said:
I've been given permission to reprint both Down to a Sunless Sea and the Great San Augustin Rescue by the benefactors of Mike Boon's will. However, both books will also be available online.
I was wondering if there would be any interest in a hard copy being made available of both. I would be using Print on Demand and any profits would be donated to Doctors without Borders (Mike Boon's selected charity).
Thanks
Andy

When I met Mike Boon during the mid to late 1980s I asked him about the Daren Cilau chapter he had written for 'Down to a Sunless Sea', but being Mike, he didn't know what had happened to the manuscript!

Are you, through the rights you have obtained, in touch with any of the successors to The Stalactite Press, Department of Geography, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2H4, who originally published the book in 1977? I just wonder whether, by a slim chance, the original hand-written manuscript for the book might have ended up in the Geography Department Library?

If you can locate the deleted Daren Cilau chapter and it is readable, then including it as an appendix would certainly help with the new sales . . .

ianball11

I would buy a Down to a Sunless Sea for sure, though I suppose it depends on how much more it is than the ebook.

Speleofish

I'd buy both. Preferably e-books but, if price reasonable, would consider print. Print preferable if good photos....

caving_fox

if there's artwork than yes I'd love a print copy. For just the words I'm already eagerly awaiting the ebook!

(I guess xmas next year is more likely than this one though?)

andychapm

With regards to Down to a Sunless Sea and the Great San Agustin Rescue, I'm considering an omnibus edition of both books with other articles included (with the Shepton Mallet journal entry about Daren Cilau, as the original manuscript of DTASS does not exist any more).
I would like to publish this as a hardback book with colour photos and I hope to charge ?25 for a copy with all profits going to Doctors Without Borders.
If this does go ahead, it will be a limited edition of 100 copies.
How does this sound?
Andy