Stal on Ebay

S

Salty

some T**t is selling a stal on ebay - I think that someone should ram it up his f***ing arse

bubba

Administrator
This one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2231724868&category=415

And another:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2994560504&category=1523

S

Salty

yeah! - couldnt put the link on for some reason.

It makes me very angry when i see people trying it on like that. what if it goes for a fair few quid? before you know it, other caves are getting trashed for a quick buck.

I'm gonna email him and try to discourage him from selling it

The more people who do this, the better!

Brendan

How do you email people on ebay? I certainly intend on making my point of view on people who destroy cave formations :evil: :evil:

Things like this result in episodes like that down Carlswark. :guns:

SamT

:evil: :evil: :evil:

this is actually very serious and needs to be delt with properly.

Maybe DCA or some such should be in contact with E-bay to get the sale of such items banned. If people cotton on.......

SamT

SALTY said:
I clicked onto "ask seller a question"

then let rip :argue:

The last thing we need is to force these people underground (scuse pun) like bird egg sellers.

Education is the key. One thing we can do is give them a bad sellers rating.

H

Huw Groucutt

There was a similar case about a year ago when someone tried to sell some stal from Pant Mawr Pot. Their 'defence' was that they found it already broken, but by selling it they are encouraging people to go and break others off. Cant remember the conclusion to that.

S

Salty

i thought that you could only give someone a bad sellers rating if you actually bought from them?

My email explained the ethics of his actions and may well have been educational.

heres hoping...

bubba

Administrator
SALTY said:
i thought that you could only give someone a bad sellers rating if you actually bought from them?
Correct.

WTF :rolleyes:
Its like a layer of petals laid on top of each other to make a natural pyramid. Calcite helps to amplify energy and helps us to remember. Allows us to remember astral travels and channeling experiences

cap n chris

Crystal nonsense; there's a lot of nutters out there*.

Question: if there's anything in the theory about crystals having "auras" etc. shouldn't cavers who are surrounded by the stuff be overdosed on whatever the supposed effects are? - for instance, if calcite is supposed to be so damn good for your memory why do cave trips occasionally contain someone who's forgotten their wellies/helmet/lamp? (delete as appropriate).

* And there's even more idiots who believe the wild claims they make!

J

Jonathan T

Maybe you could email Ebay directly and inform them that this is a bad thing?

ian mckenzie

This sort of thing comes up regularly on the NSS discussion board. If I recall, eBay has a policy of not selling stolen or inappropriately-obtained items, and altho it is difficult to trace a specific stal, the folks at e-Bay are well aware of the cave vandalism legislation in the US and, presumably, elsewhere, and supposedly watch out for these types of listings.

P

pothole pils

I mailed the guy as soon as i saw this thread, just got this reply from him:

Hi
Many thanks for your email I have removed the item from sale following your
advice. I will offer it to the local school which I'm sure will make a good
research item.

The stal was bought at a local car boot sale for a few pence years ago, we
are just,as you can see from my other items having a clear out.

You seem to be a very fair chap not like the nob who sent the enclosed email
below, sure he's only trying to do his bit.

Regards
Glenn Perry

you shouldn't be selling items on this on ebay!

It has come out of a cave!

If it fetches a few quid, then it could encourage people to remove stal from
caves.

This may result in many caves getting trashed!

please remove it

A result I think. Lets hope the school teach the kids not to steal stals from caves.

So anyone going to own up to being a nob? :p

SamT

good work chaps - we need to keep an eye out for this kind of stuff. Its the crystal mob that Im more worried about. Has anyone mailed them.

P

pothole pils

i sent them the same message i sent the other seller. So far i have had no reply.

P

pothole pils

I wouldn't have said you were. I don't see much difference between your message to the seller and my own.

T

Titch98

Just out of interest..............has anyone tried to send an email to the peeps at eBay and if so, where do they stand on this?