Posting Photographs

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
There are two ways of posting a photograph on Ukcaving.

The first is best for larger or good quality images but they must already be hosted on the web somewhere, the second can be uploaded from your PC but must be small, low resolution images. 

First way:  The image needs to already be on the web somewhere. If its a photo on your own pc - then you'll need to upload it to the web using a site such as flickr, photobucket etc.

Once its up on the web, you then need to find the address (or URL) of the picture.

You can find this by right-clicking the picture and clicking "copy image address" or highlight and 'copy' the URL in properties.

Then back in your UKcaving post,

You need to press the
img.gif
button which will give you two image tags - an 'open' tag and a 'close' tag.

Code:
[IMG][/IMG]

Then you paste the url of the picture between the tags.

eg
Code:
[IMG]http://flickr.blah.blah.blah.jpg[/IMG]

You can also resize the image by inserting width=??? after the first 'img', for example,

Code:
[IMG]IMAGE URL[/IMG]

Second way: You can upload a photograph directly from your device.  Clip the 'Attachments and other options' located below the 'post reply' box.  This brings up an 'Attach - choose file' option, where you can find the desired photograph on your device.

Unfortunately the image size is limited to a maximum of 10Mb so your photograph must be resized before trying to post it.  There is also a limit to 10 photographs per post.  The photo is an attachment and doesn't appear in preview.

The photograph will be a medium thumbnail like this which will expand once clicked.

Attachments

• mag3001.jpg
    mag3001.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 5,158

Brains

This brings up an 'Attach - choose file' option, where you can find the desired photograph on your device.
Cant see it from the reply function... Just get 3 tick boxes:
Notify me of replies.
Return to this topic.
Don't use smileys.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Brains, underneath the 'Notify me of replies' etc etc did you see an Attach: with a box below??  That's what I see....

Thanks, Pegasus

Brains

Nope, just the three tick boxes:

Notify me of replies.
Return to this topic.
Don't use smileys.

The attachments and other options text acts as a toggle with a + or - icon when to be expanded or reduced, below this is the text "shortcuts: hit shift+alt+s to submit/post or shift+alt+p to preview "

No sign of an attach option  :cautious:

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Guys.

Anyone else??

Maybe only Mods/Admins can see the attach/browse box??

One for Q on Monday  :)

Cheers, Pegasus

bograt

Yup!!, there is no  'Attachments and other options'  there ??--. (at least, not for me -)

bograt

OK, I know its not caving related, but it shows dropbox links work!!, anyone got others? (we know about all the photo-etc.)

teabag

'Fraid I can't see your image - I get an error message saying I'm not logged in, so presumably only you can see it

bograt

teabag said:
'Fraid I can't see your image - I get an error message saying I'm not logged in, so presumably only you can see it

Hmmm-- maybe a software issue? anyone else see it or not???.

Maybe you have to have a dropbox account ?--

paul

I don't have the attach files option, nor can I see Bograt's photo an I do have a DropBox account.

Q

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Attachment box should appear underneath those checkboxes (see image). Tested on Firefox v44 on Mac and works OK.

Please could you check your version of Firefox and let me know.

Thanks,
Q

Attachments

• Post_reply.png
    Post_reply.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 290