Photography Showcase 3 per week limit

chunky

Hey all don't know if anyone would be interested in a thread of this nature, but I find myself without a decent trip report or reason to share photos quite often so thought a thread for us who like to show off may be just the thing......with a weekly limit for TOR ;)

chunky

To kick off bumped in to MatthewJC who was leading a group around Cwmorthin at the weekend and he asked to let him know how the shot came out. Here you go Matt

39667227070_9668ddc4cb_c.jpg

Pete K

That is a cracking shot. I work in there myself a couple of times a week and never get tired of taking pictures of Cwm, but that is the best view of that chamber I've seen. Lovely picture.
One from me of the same MatthewJC in the same mine last week.

Attachments

• Oakley 10-4-18 (11).JPG
    Oakley 10-4-18 (11).JPG
    386.2 KB · Views: 383

matthewjc

Hi Mark

Fantastic shot 8), many thanks fortaking it and sharing

Was good to meet you and club & hope you all had a good weekend in Snowdonia..

Regards
Matt

skippy

Craven had a cracking club meet down Lancaster Hole last weekend. Several trips were made by its members with everyone having a great time.
I cannot take credit for this superbly lit photo of 'Bob's Boss'  in the upper series as this was taken by CPC member Simon Parker.
30707408_10155259456470685_1900200862983127040_o.jpg

However, great thread to start Mark...Most of my photo's are just snaps that try and capture the spirit of a club meet..however, if by accident I come up with something half decent, I'll continue the thread.

chunky

Nice Tommy,

looking forward to seeing more. Let me know if you get a micro 4/3 would be interested to hear how you get on with it. Sure is lighter than hauling a dslr around. Will have a play with mine over the coming weeks, been great as a video camera but haven't played with it for photo's yet.

Tommy

chunky said:
Nice Tommy,

looking forward to seeing more. Let me know if you get a micro 4/3 would be interested to hear how you get on with it. Sure is lighter than hauling a dslr around. Will have a play with mine over the coming weeks, been great as a video camera but haven't played with it for photo's yet.

Cheers Mark, a photo-mate has set me on to looking at Fujis as their current crop are very nice, I'm very impressed with some of his high-ISO shots - you'd never know compared to a G11!

mudman

Here's one of a little visited bit of Ogof Craig a Ffynnon. Focus could have been better but I found this place intriguing as you could really get a feel for how the nature of the chamber had changed over large periods of time as you noticed small details such as fresh calcite deposition over muddied formations.

Attachments

• P6240007-2.JPG
    P6240007-2.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 325

flashmonkey

https://flic.kr/p/28UiZWk
https://flic.kr/p/LwkkT4
https://flic.kr/p/Lwkmrt

Sorry folks haven't figured out how to compact the photos down yet lol