Newbie from Stonehaven

Dacrope

Hope am posting in the right section.

Anyways am here as I've been told by many guys offshore it's a fun hobby and sounds right up my street! Currently a level 2 offshore in the North Sea so can hopefully put some of my knowledge into the caving side of things.

Looks like a interesting site, will have a look around and no doubt ask heaps of questions!

Cheers

Alexander

Uamhair

Hi,

Have you signed up with the GSG at all or are you one of these people 'beneath the radar' so to speak?  I stay in Aberdeen and even within the GSG there are only 2 (yes, two) other known cavers across the whole city, the next closest person being in Lumphanan!

I try my best to get others into it just it's just been a fruitless attempt for whatever reason.  I even gave a couple of lectures to student societies at Aberdeen Uni a couple of weeks ago to try and highlight what's out there.  One lot were interested in the archaeological side but not on anything else sadly.

Maybe I just come across as a nutcase.  :doubt:

rhychydwr1

Check out these caves:

TREMUDA BAY CAVES NGR NO 979 827 Landr 45 Dunnottar, Aberdeenshire
On the coast about 1? miles south of Stonehaven.  At the southern end of the bay there is a long gallery cave at the above NGR and a sea cave nearby.  There is another sea cave in the north eastern end of the bay which goes through the headland at NO 881 831 and another in a second headland a little south of this.