Craven Pothole Club

skippy

Hi All,
I'm sure most of the folk who come on here are either 'club members' or have the resource to cave between themselves therefore this post will be moot.

However, CPC are having a bit of a recruitment drive in an attempt to increase its active membership(hopefully this will reduce the average age demographic) and increase the profile of caving in the Dales. Also, there may be folk who will come across this post(or the UKC FB page) who are looking to join an established, well equipped club that has a wide and varied 2017 meets program..so, here goes:-
16830642_731884023640922_2012344750827611963_n.jpg

Trig Gledhill

After living 6 years in North Yorkshire I regret not joining a Caving club up there!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Griffin

We (DCC) have found that once you get a few good active younger members, it soon encourages more to follow if our last 5 years or so are anything to go by. Membership has pretty much doubled I think on 10 years ago, while the average age must have easily halved. We did it at a good time, invested in more club equipment, started try caving weekends, and have SRT practice evenings and weekends at Alderley Edge. We also started an expedition fund for younger members who want to join other members caving abroad, but struggle to afford it.

Madness

Can you join Craven as a full member straight away or do you have to go through all that provisional/associate member cr*p before being accepted as a full member?

Pitlamp

Yes, there is a simple probationary member process, which is one of the reasons it's such a good club.

skippy

Hi,
You can now join as a full member straightaway. We have had several members join this way recently. However, joining as a probationer give you a chance to see if you enjoy caving with the club before fully committing.

skippy

Griffin said:
We (DCC) have found that once you get a few good active younger members, it soon encourages more to follow

You've just reminded me Lauren..I must pay my DCC dues.
Its Glenn BTW  ;)