Graham Stevens

Im told that long-standing BCRA member Graham Stevens died from coronavirus recently. Im afraid I know nothing about Graham but, if anyone here knew him, please post your thoughts.

blackshiver

It was ?GS? that took me under his wing as a 14 year old schoolboy back in 1974 after a chastisement by Peter Bays (Penyghent cafe) regarding solo caving with a bike lamp led to a prescription to see Dr Stevens of the Moldywarps.
I personally owe ?GS? for a lifetime of caving adventures, cave science and many good friends.
GS leaves a strong legacy in the caves of the Northern Dales as long term wielder of the Crowbar of Office for the Moldywarps. Many of his exploits are detailed on line in the Moldywarp Journals which can be accessed on the North York Moors Caving Club website.

PFR and myself have written an article for Descent and condolences have been sent to Grahams family.

With all the discussion about getting back underground, this is a timely reminder that the virus is still out there and can have terrible consequences - please be careful.