Hello world!

CaveRambler

Hello all!,

For the last 2 days I've been up most nights delving into the dark areas of youtube, after watching a lot of mini docs on why anyone should ever go caving again.. I'm here to sign up!.

I went caving when I was a kid in our extreme sports class (it was pe or extreme sports), I believe "Pridhamsleigh" from what I remember, I've also just finished "the last descent" (good movie, sad.. rip, inspired).

I like cross country hiking, my record is 52 miles in one sitting, my goal is to find a cave that's 5-10 miles long.. and hik.. no, ramble it!.

I'm from Devon and my dad got me into Mendips as my fav area, if I'm honest any advice on good clubs or groups in Devon I'd appreciate it, caves do look dangerous!.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.

There are a few cavers from Devon and a lot more from Mendip who use this forum.  Hopefully someone will be in touch to answer your questions soon.  In the meantime have you looked at the newtocaving website?

I'd try to help myself but I'm up in Yorkshire and all I could suggest is you move house immediately and come live in the finest caving area in the country  ;)

CaveRambler

Badlad said:
Welcome to the forum.

There are a few cavers from Devon and a lot more from Mendip who use this forum.  Hopefully someone will be in touch to answer your questions soon.  In the meantime have you looked at the newtocaving website?

I'd try to help myself but I'm up in Yorkshire and all I could suggest is you move house immediately and come live in the finest caving area in the country  ;)

I'll check the website out thanks, my dads sides from York so your caves are on the todo list.. after down here :)