unusual petzl head torch.

A

Agrophobic

Hi guys.
I recently saw someone using what looked like a petzl zoom but with a duo style battery pack, (with the old style plastic clips)
can anyone tell me a model name for this lamp and if it is still available. it didn't look bodged from parts.
cheers.

D

Deeply Mendippy

That may have been me.

I got a couple of them about 18 months back. They have a halogen bulb and five (i think) LEDs with three power settings. They work quite well, let off a reasonable amount light on the higher settings and last an acceptable length of time off 4 AA batteries.  The only critiscism is that battery packs are a bit flimsy - one of mine doesn't seal properly and so lets in a little bit of water.

Only thing is that I cannot remember for the life of me what they are called. Will have a look when I get home.

A

Agrophobic

Hi.
thanks for your reply.
yours sounds like a duo 5 or 8.
the one i was asking about has a single halogen bulb (no leds) in a "zoom" type frontpiece but 4x AAs in a "duo" type battery case.
There are so many variations on the zoom but i can't find out which this is. it's not a megga (3xC/AA. i had one of them but lost it  :( ) or zoro (4xAA in soft rubber case)
cheers anyway.
A.

N

NZcaver

I believe the headlamp you're referring to is the Zoom Zora. It's the 4xAA version of the regular Zoom, which had the old rubber battery cover and used 3xAA batteries or a flat pack. Following the trusty Mega, the Zora was the final chapter in Zoom history.

D

Deeply Mendippy

I think mines a myo 5, looks like the zoom zora but with some LEDs mounted below

N

NZcaver

With all due respect, the Myo 5 looks quite different from the Zoom Zora. The picture below shows a Myo 5 - the design, size, colour and "feel" is quite different.

Judging by Agrophobic's description in his first post, my money is on the Zoom Zora.

A

Agrophobic

Thanks guys, zora is the baby. i take it they're out of production now? i fancy one of these for a backup lamp as it would take my duo recharge packs. and reduce the variety of batterys i lug around in my ammo box. :LOL: