WICC has GONE again!!

JAM

Hello folks, I'm pleased to announce that WICC has gone again!!! 
For further details see Hitch n Hike website.

Cheers.  (y) ;)

SamT

Nice one  (y)

As the cave lies within a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), Natural England have been informed, and there is no intention of controlling access to this find.

Mark

Nice work guys, we will have to try and beat that with the credit crunch efforts this year

JAM

Hehe, it's a hot competition all of a sudden..  I wish you guys all the best. We'll hopefully be able to keep up with any further developments you guys make.  ;) 8)

Mark

Jam said:
Hehe, it's a hot competition all of a sudden..  I wish you guys all the best. We'll hopefully be able to keep up with any further developments you guys make.  ;) 8)

You are welcome to come along

JAM

I'd like to say for certain that I can, but I wouldn't want to jump the gun. I know where to find you all, should opportunity present itself.  (y)

Pipster

Mark said:
You are welcome to come along
Would love to. I was seriously thinking about having a weeks holiday this year to join in - it was that or some Scottish Winter; that latter won!

Always evenings or weekends though; might see what I can squeeze in! :)

Rob

Good stuff. Heard through the grapevine, but no idea it was ~175m!

Any more leads for you to go at? And has work finished in the other direction for now then?

JAM

We've got a couple of promissing leads that we're digging and a couple of less promising ones.
We've started to dig down in Batty Farber too which also looks interesting. 
As far as the other direction goes, work is still ongoing on a number of leads. All the digs look more long term...  A-ho!    :)

Pipster

Rob said:
Any more leads for you to go at?
Yup :) Oh No Choke is the priority but its an educated guess trying to find where the continuation is.

Rob said:
And has work finished in the other direction for now then?
Nope, thats still ongoing! Albeit another group of OCC diggers ;)

Pipster

Here is survey of WICC as it currently stands, in google maps (thanks go to Chris Jackson for plotting this for us):

http://goo.gl/maps/MaH4

This includes the survey (with North West 2009+ extensions) by Simon Brooks, and the 2012 South Passage extensions surveyed by Chris Jackon.

The new stuff is basically what you see south east of the lines of trees - Oh No Choke lies in the visible depression in the field.

JAM

Cheers Rhys.
Hopefully we get another break through past "oh no!" Choke and that reveals equally good passage.  Fingers crossed.

AR

Congratulations OCC :beer:, though this means more work for Karen on the conservation plan!