Booby Prize for stupid cavers

Rob

LarryFatcat said:
I think she also went home with the Titan key to add a little insult to injury.
At least we know she won't be doing that again...

pisshead

At least we didn't have to get wet through for the 2009 one - barely left the house in fact before call out was called off...

LarryFatcat

Cookie said:
:LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL: :clap:  :clap:  :clap: 

As someone once said "There's enough material there for a whole book"
I believe this years winner also has some nominations in Yorkshire, does anyone have any more details?

Glenn

LarryFatcat said:
Cookie said:

I believe this years winner also has some nominations in Yorkshire, does anyone have any more details?

Please tell me that this is not who I think it is.....

martinb

Glenn said:
LarryFatcat said:
Cookie said:

Please tell me that this is not who I think it is.....

Not knowing the person, perhaps they should come with a public health warning attached to their helmet.

Les W

Well if you don't know "the person" then you must be the only caver in the UK (and Austria, and Slovenia, and Ireland, and Albania, etc.) who hasn't crossed their path.  :LOL:

Les W

Les W said:
Well if you don't know "the person" then you must be the only caver in the UK (and Austria, and Slovenia, and Ireland, and Albania, etc.) who hasn't crossed their path.  :LOL:
cap 'n chris said:
IHGAFCWYAOA  :confused:

Crikey  :eek: That means there must be two people who haven't crossed paths with her "that person's" then.  :-\

seddon

C'mon, let's play nicely.

No hate sessions required; this is, after all, a proper 'old capaigner' who's spent a lot of time underground. I know (as well as any) that there's a few tales that could be told. But let him who is without f*ckups cast the first stone.

And at least the caver concerned has never been on TV  :-[

paul

And remember it's usually the policy to avoid publically criticising anyone who has been rescued in case it may prevent somebody else in the future from asking for help when they might need it in case of any subsequent criticism against them...

seddon

Although I can do self criticism if required (better to get it in before other people do, I've found)  ;)

Les W

No hate session intended.  :-[

Actually a nice person (as far as my dealings go) but seems to have a knack for keeping CRO's on their toes. Still I expect the CRO's like to have the practice, now that rescues are generally much less frequent than they used to be.

LarryFatcat

Les W said:
No hate session intended.  :-[

Actually a nice person (as far as my dealings go) but seems to have a knack for keeping CRO's on their toes. Still I expect the CRO's like to have the practice, now that rescues are generally much less frequent than they used to be.
I think the topic has been quite light hearted not nasty.
As to those who turned out on Saturday, I think most felt that the composition of the party and the length of time taken, were genuinely worrying, though we were looking forward to the impromptu caving.