Swildons Hole Book

A

andymorgan

Does anybody have any inside information about when the Swildons Hole book will be ready? I can't wait!!! :hyper:

Slug

Try contacting the Wessex directly. I was told that It should be ready for Hidden Earth. But It was recently said ( I think in the Hunters ) that the date may have been pushed back to around Christmass time, though I think that was an "Unofficial" opinion

Stupot

Heard that Alison Moody is still revisting parts of system for the book,
but that was just someones reply to my question (Hunters).

I have a copy resevered and am sure it will be a great book when released.

Stu.

graham

Isn't this the book that was going to be produced in time for the 100th anniversary of the first descent in 1901?

Just asking. ;)

cap n chris

Isn't this the book that was going to be produced in time for the 100th anniversary of the first descent in 1901?

Graham, you know as well as I that if you want something done very slowly you need to get a committee to organise things.

graham

Yeah, a committee of Wexses members an all.*

*Disclaimer: the three major contributors, Alison, Wig & Farrant are all good friends of mine & I am certain that any delays are not of their doing.

graham

cap 'n chris said:
How long did your Caves of County Clare and South Galway take to assemble (fine book, BTW)?

We decided to do it in May 1998 and launched it in October 2003.

cap n chris

Thanks for your honesty. Not bad, actually, from conception to reality - about similar for the Swildon's Hole Book, then? (or had they been talking about it for five years before 2001?). I don't think we need to chastise anyone for a delivery date being late (no-one ever PROMISED a specific date, did they?); I reckon people are just REALLY KEEN to get their hands on the finished product and waiting is becoming harder and harder as time ticks by.

cap n chris

I think we should just be thankful that there's going to be a new addition to UK caving literature, when it's good and ready! Perhaps it will coincide with Mr. The Wig's lecturette on Swildon's during December at Charterhouse Centre....

T

The Badger

I think Mr M. must have been a tabloid journalist in his youth!

christine

Dear all
I am sure that, as friends of Alison Moody, you will be aware that she has just suffered the loss of both her parents in a very short space of time. I am sure she will not mind me saying that it is more than understandable that in these circumstances, she has not been able to devote as much time to the Swildons book as she would have liked.
Ali has put an immense amount of effort into this project and so have the rest of the Swildons book committee. I find it very sad that fellow cavers from the Mendip area seek to tarnish their hard work. You think you can do a better job ? Let's see it. No ? Thought not. I think this subject may be closed. Looking forward to the book guys....

graham

christine said:
Dear all
I am sure that, as friends of Alison Moody, you will be aware that she has just suffered the loss of both her parents in a very short space of time. I am sure she will not mind me saying that it is more than understandable that in these circumstances, she has not been able to devote as much time to the Swildons book as she would have liked.
Ali has put an immense amount of effort into this project and so have the rest of the Swildons book committee. I find it very sad that fellow cavers from the Mendip area seek to tarnish their hard work. You think you can do a better job ? Let's see it. No ? Thought not. I think this subject may be closed. Looking forward to the book guys....

I would refer you to the disclaimer on the post that I made in this thread on Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:44 pm.

Cookie

Christine,

I think you should consider:

• The difference between a friendly ribbing and a malicious comment.
  • Like it or not the book is manifestly overdue.
  • You can not criticise someone then deny their right of reply.
  • The contribution you are making to inter-club friendship and world peace.