Applications for Delivering CIC Training system

alastairgott

I thought I'd get the ball rolling, at work they use SAP netweaver for delivering some of the HR and Payroll things, perhaps we could have a "lean" version of this at a reduced cost?

There is a specific area where training can be logged and managers can see it. It notifys managers when you've asked for annual leave by email. The functionality seems to be all there.
if you google sap netweaver portal you should get some links.

I'm sure there are other options, does anyone have a system for logging training if they're in a professional body?

alastairgott

Thinking out aloud to myself there's also some techie boffins working out cave registry databases and trying to work out cave biology databases. also massive databases of cave survey data.

It might be an idea to work out what the difference between the system implemented for a cave registry and what may be required for a caver training database.

Strikes me that there may not be much between them, there is already a function on the cave registry pages to report a mistake on the page. perhaps there could be the same with a trainee? just with a login for their own page?

I mean we are literally just thinking of a better way to utilise and update a database.

alastairgott

Or perhaps this lot might do a system, the HR and IT systems used this company for both. Until our HR was shifted to the parent company.

https://www.quest.com/database-management/

on the It system, we are logged in and can report a fault with our machines. This fault is then immediately on the roster for sorting by the IT department. In this, an admin can then assign the "job" to one of the It guys who will then sort the problem with the machine.

I don't think it would be a great leap to remove "It guy" and replace with CIC instructor?

It just depends on what your spec is and how many rival quotes you want.

JasonC

alastairgott said:
It just depends on what your spec is ...

Indeed.  I'm sure there are lots of IT help desk systems out there, and also some that deal with training.
Having worked in IT systems for some time, I find that best results are obtained when the organisation carefully defines its requirements, then looks for a system that best satisfies them, rather than picking on a system and trying to bend it to your needs.