Speleo Technic FX Ion battery

Hi, Can any of you clever sparky types help with a problem. I look after 10 of these for Shropshire Scouts caving team, one will no longer hold a charge is it possible to obtain a suitable replacement. Taking the battery box apart it is a
SAFT  1S1P MP176065  Li-Ion Battery Nominal voltage 3.6v  Nominal capacity 5.8 Ah Charge voltage 4.1V +/-0.04V
Are these available or can any one suggest a replacement hopefully not requiring change to chargers?

Benfool

From the looks of it, you could replace it with 3 18650s welded together 1S3P - this would have the added advantage of increasing the capacity from 6.8Ah to 10.5Ah (using NCR18650B or equivalent). You should still be able to use the same charger. I could very easily make this up for you.

How does the battery connect to to the battery box inside? Can you take a photo for me.

B

JJ said:
Hi,  Not sure how to reply to personal messages but I received it OK. All donations gratefully received! Could you email idriswilliams@aol.com with your location and we will see if caver post can come up trumps.

Benfool said:
From the looks of it, you could replace it with 3 18650s welded together 1S3P - this would have the added advantage of increasing the capacity from 6.8Ah to 10.5Ah (using NCR18650B or equivalent). You should still be able to use the same charger. I could very easily make this up for you.

How does the battery connect to to the battery box inside? Can you take a photo for me.

B
Hi Thanks for your advice. Sorry unable to take photos at present as my camera is at the menders! The wires emerging from the battery are Crimped to wires from the battery box, so no difficulty in connecting.  If you give me an email to idriswilliams@aol.com you could say how much this would cost and we could try one and replace some more as the are all of the same age so likely also to go soon!