Lionels Hole

mrodoc

The bibliography is not that useful. I decided to look up stuff I had written about Wookey Hole and could only get Descent reports. It would need to be an indexed bibliography to be really useful and that would need an AI to go through all the in article references. If the cave name is in the title you are probably OK.

mikem

Pretty much all caves mentioned in articles are indexed, but it is not up to date for club journals.

Ali M

Mike - see Somerset Sump Index 4th Ed p 35-36. The sump was initially dived by Pete Moody for 15ft on 11th June 1978, then on 16th July Dave Yeandle passed the sump (20ft long) into 15ft of small passage, basically ending in a second sump "which was vertical and too tight. At 10ft depth the dive was abandoned as the site was considered too dangerous and with little potential".

There is an aural connection between the Sump Chamber and the passage beyond the first sump.

These places are always worth a second look - particularly 40years later. Enjoy!

mikekushy

Cool thanks for the info...

Just beyond the sump chamber there's a very awkward climb up a vertical rift..there's not much written about this either...it's super draughty at the top of this.

Shame I can't find anyone to follow me up it 😏

Ali M

That is Horrifice 2 (MU5 p194). We dug beyond this - see WCC logs or speak to me at the Wessex.