Hidden Earth 2012 Burnley

Les W

Just a quick reminder that Online Bookings for this years Hidden Earth close on Saturday 15th September

TShirts and Dinners MUST be prebooked

Save the price of a pint and PreBook NOW

See you at Thomas Witham Sixth Form College, Burnley Campus

Cassidy

Does anyone have any definite knowledge with regard to camping at HE this year?

I have heard rumours varying from the fact that the camping arrangements are half a mile from the venue and you stand a good chance of having everything stolen to the camping is on site with CCTV coverage and you could leave the crown jewels in the entrance of your (open) tent.

No more rumours - facts only people!

Les W

Camping is onsite and I don't believe you have "a good chance of having everything stolen".
The venue is a virtually brand new six form college with an 8 foot security fence around the whole site, cctv throughout and I am told, is used by the local community police officers as a rest area when on patrol, however, it is very foolish of anybody to leave valuables in a tent unattended anywhere, not just in Burnley. The site is very well cared for with no graffiti or vandalism apparent at all.
Please note: Hidden Earth will not accept ANY responsibility for your valuables. Keep them safe or leave them at home.

I don't know who has started a rumor about the camping but it is, and always has been, on site...  :spank:

kay

By "programme" Les means trade hall opening and closing times, dinner, stomp times, that sort of thing. Times of individual lectures are not yet available.

PaulW

there is also on that page a pdfof the conference program to download that contains listings of the lectures, but as said no times for the lectures

damian

Wow. That has to be the best set of lectures ever. A huge thanks to all those who've volunteered to give a talk and to Emma Porter for her hard work on pulling it all together. I can't wait.

kay

Fantastic UK coverage this year.  (y)

Just hoping that there isn't too much double-booking

Maj

Les W said:
And said:
Les W said:
Jude said:
Have you got some local beers on? (y)

Perhaps  ;)
We may even have a "sparkler" so we can make your local beers taste better...  :tease:

Les, surely you mean mean "make the local beers taste even worse".  ;)

Just repeating what a northern son of Burnley told me...  :tease:
http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=13153.msg178549#msg178549

If all goes to plan there will be a Beer that is brewed within 15 miles of Hidden Earth.
A popular beer that has been extensively tested and approved.
If the local brew proves popular, then I'm sure to include a local brew or two at HE 2013 (assuming I haven't been ousted).
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Maj.

Blakethwaite

Maj said:
If all goes to plan there will be a Beer that is brewed within 15 miles of Hidden Earth.

Well Yorkshire's just about within 15 miles of Burnley so there is some hope of a decent pint then....