Larry Blanchard

steve_mehew

Hello,

I used to be a caver years ago when a student at Sunderland and I used to go caving with Larry Blanchard - this was 30 years ago when I was 21 or so.  He was a good friend, we shared a house for a couple of years (Westbourne Road in Sunderland) and I'd really like to get back in touch with him.  He was the treasurer for the students union back then.

We used to cave mainly around Ingleton, after a breakfast at Bernies Cafe.  I used to drive the mini bus and Larry was the keener caver, planning the route and checking equipment. My first cave was Lancaster Pot - quite an experience, led by Nigel and Larry. 

Last I knew he was a lecturer in Nottingham.  I've tried all sorts of ways to find him but even the two friends I have who were in contact years ago say he's pretty much off grid these days.

I don't expect anybody to give me his details, but please do pass on my name and mobile to him if you know him - Steve Mehew and 07539 280280.  He will know me and I hope he'll ring or txt.

Many thanks, Steve

alastairgott

Randomly someone who knew him stayed at the TSG hut a few months ago, we talked abut him, then they went for a curry the next night in hope, and Larry was there. (I think the group were from red rose, but I can't remember)

i'm afraid I don't know larry, but his sister was trying to contact him a year ago, we tracked him down to an ebay account, so we sent his sister the details.