Having More Faith in Photobucket

The Old Ruminator

Well for the moment yes or I would not have put up the Reservoir Hole photo thread.

This from the CEO.

I'm Ted Leonard, the new CEO of Photobucket. I?m very excited to prepare you for the next iteration of Photobucket. This revolution extends beyond just a new site, as it also represents a new leadership team, and a new culture, inside and out.

Photobucket is under new management. Photobucket, and more importantly, our relationship with our members has seen a series of ups and downs. This was, largely, due to a model of services that was built for comfort, but not reliability. Last year, Photobucket?s future was in immediate jeopardy and the previous management team had some unpleasant decisions to make to keep the service afloat, likely breaking your trust in Photobucket in the process.

We owe you an apology. On behalf of the current Photobucket team, I want to say: I?m sorry for how you were treated by the previous leadership. I also want to say: Thank you for saving Photobucket and allowing us, your new team, this opportunity to serve you and build something great together.

Photobucket will be better. A new Photobucket is coming very soon. Some of the changes are Photobucket re-imagined, some are just fixing things that are broken, and some take the first step toward our shared future.

Better Value. We believe storage and centralized organization of your personal memories should be available to everyone. Despite the competitive landscape becoming riddled with companies removing free services in exchange for limited trials, Photobucket will remain a company that serves free members. To those who have a need for and can afford a low-cost premium plan, they will start at $1.99/month.

A Return To Innovation. We created photo sharing on the internet in 2003 and became one of the most popular sites on the net. But, somewhere along the way, creating better tools and better experiences were deprioritized. Ultimately, it was abandoned altogether. Neglecting our opportunity to remain a leader in providing value is one of the larger failings of Photobucket past and we?ve already begun to right the ship. Our team has been busy dreaming up and creating new features that we know you?re going to find value in. This isn't simply for today... this is how we're doing business at Photobucket, once again.

We?ve heard you. We?ll keep hearing you. The feedback we?ve received from Photobucket users has been invaluable. It's helped us focus on what needs our immediate attention, and informed a direction for where we need to go to be the best partner for you in the long term. This is another important way that our community is coming together to make Photobucket great. If you see opportunity for Photobucket to improve or serve you better, please email me at ted@photobucket.com

Thank you for continuing to choose Photobucket. We promise that an exceptional experience is coming soon!

NewStuff

I binned them, and flickr, (both on paid-for 'Pro' accounts) over monumentally stupid changes that made workflow and distribution far harder, together with constant price hikes. They're a large reason I don't bother to share pictures I take any more.

I won't hold my breath waiting for them to change to something sane. It's PR, Spin, yet more waffle designed to placate you while they extract the maximum amount of beer tokens from your wallet.