Hillocks Mine Climbing Shaft

Not sure who to let know...but the hex bolt securing the lid was missing when i went up there last.
Had a scout round but couldn't find it anywhere nearby...
Didn't have anything of a suitable size in my Tool Box either.

Mark

Say nowt, or we will end up with another 3 page article in Descent about wither the hex bolt.

D

Deep-Penetration

Hey Jay..

I went up and replaced it last time it went missing, so still have a few the right size....
I'll pop over and do it in a bit..

Cheers for the info

Tim :D

D

Deep-Penetration

Job Done..

One shiny new bolt put in place!

Note: I also tied a spare nut to a bit of string and hung it off the underside of the shaft lid, Just incase its needed.

Tim :p

cap n chris

7 page Descent article coming up on how someone was injured by a falling hex bolt attached to a frayed piece of string?...

Cave_Troll

bolts on the Hillocks mine climbing shaft?
if you want to get down the shaft entrance in hilookcs you need to shift a lot of concrete.
When i did the system a few weeks ago tehre was a shiny new Nylock nut on the Walf Engine shaft. Most annoying.

D

Deep-Penetration

Cave_Troll said:
bolts on the Hillocks mine climbing shaft?
if you want to get down the shaft entrance in hilookcs you need to shift a lot of concrete.
Now lets not get pedantic... i knew where he meant..

Cave_Troll said:
When i did the system a few weeks ago tehre was a shiny new Nylock nut on the Walf Engine shaft. Most annoying.
The nut is there for security and safety, to stop any old tom dick or harry throwing objects or themselves down there..
In all the good guide books it clearly states that a spanner should be taken to gain access to such places.. And i'm sure that even a shiny new nylock nut would be no match for an adjustable spanner..

Tim

Cave_Troll

the guidebook say that the spanner is kept at the pub.
clearly no longer the case.
Tightly bolting these lids hase not been the case for a good 5 years. the only nuts on the system have only ever been finger tight. bit annoying to find someones suddenly put nylock nut on.

SamT

you could always improvise a spanner from some mallions possibly if your ever in the situation again.

D

Deep-Penetration

:arrow: <a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ADJUSTABLE-SPANNER-10-INCHES-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ7715593652QQcategoryZ20774QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">Link</a> :D