Rope cut in Block Hall

Have just heard that apparently someone had a bit of an epic on Block Hall this weekend and ended up having to cut the rope! (Not sure where)
Let's just say glad I wasn't there and above them on the way out!
I honestly can't imagine what you would have to do in there to end up cutting the rope to extract yourself from a tangle.....
Anyway I guess access to Block Hall is kind of buggered at the minute!

A

Ann

:shock: It's not as bad as it sounds. It has been rigged with another rope but the person involved wants to go back, tidy it up and make sure it is safe before anyone else attempts a trip. Hopefully it will be sorted this week or at the weekend. Will keep you informed.

A

Ann

:up: I have just heard that Block Hall should be sorted this weekend. I will confirm once this has been completed.

dunc

It's not as bad as it sounds. It has been rigged with another rope but the person involved wants to go back, tidy it up and make sure it is safe before anyone else attempts a trip.
At least they want to put things right, good on them :)

so come on, who was it and what happend?
Ooh, name and shame gossiping.. Do we have even a snippet of info to, shall we say, wet our appetites!? :LOL:

A

Ann

Not surprisingly we didn't reach Block Hall. We went down JH with the intention of doing it if the streamway / bung was okay and out via Speedwell. The streamway would probably have been passable but the water was very nearly up to the boulder piles - Main Rising side. We watched it for half an hour and it rose a good six inches. We thought it prudent not to get trapped doing a repair job!! Went back out via JH - Another trip is planned for next week :)