long rake founder shaft

hrock

well i tryed to go on a trip down long rake but when i phoned up for acsses. it was at about 3.30pm to go down that night (not much notis in no) but the (as mentioned in the riging gide) farmer said that he requied requests in writing well in advance.

well there is nothing but a phone number in the righing gide and i was not realy thinking at the time so i did not ask for his address.

so

dose this me the riging gide is out of date or do you think i just cort him on a bad day.

Mark

Try and get it right, access to Bradwell Moor has always been iffy, dont upset any one, there are guys doing work up there it would be a shame to lose what access we have

Brendan

hrock - with Crem we have a different access agreement and while we can ring at short notice to dig (although it´s better to give a bit more time) if you want a Long Rake trip ask a week or 2 in advance. I thought the address was in the rigging guide.

Iain Barker

Hrock,
you need to get hold of a copy of the DCA Handbook:

LONG RAKE MINE.
Phone or write to Mr. Hadfield, Oakhouse Farm, Smalldale, Buxton SK17 8EA.
AT LEAST 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE.

Closed for lambing 10th April - 20th May.
Mine is a scheduled RIGS.

We had no access at all to this site for a long time so the above restrictions have to be accepted if we want to keep what we've got.

If you want a handbook - get £4 to me buddy!

SamT

Anyone been poking at the very bottom of Longrake in last couple of years - whats the latest there?

Last time i was down there - we pushed all the way through the choke that the stream sinks in to what I would say is the back left hand side. Its the limit of digging there and the stream sinks through small cracks and gaps in the rock - I have seen it backed up well above this point in wet weather. I reckon you are starting to get close to the water table down there.

Does anyone know if its been dye traced. If not i really needs doing. I would be surprised if it came out of bagshawe.

I suspect that any dye trace there would come out at the little known and suprisingly overlooked resurgence at Springfield in Bradda. I think there is a sough somewhere as well at that end of the village but I may be wrong.

Cave_Troll

las ttime i went digging at Crem, some people from Cambridge were doing Long rake.
So FYI they've allready dug the entrance out so should be easier to get down :)