Romania trip

Keris82

A group of friends and i are planing a trip to Romania next year. I'm trying to find information on caving over there but most of the sites direct you to show caves for tourists. Can anyone help with information or contacts for us hard core cavers? I believe you need permits for all the caves but that's as much as I can find

Keris82

Joe Duxbury said:
And if you're going to Hidden Earth, try and talk to Oana Chachula. She'll be with Simon Brooks.

I was supposed to be going but can't make it now sadly  :cry:

Keris82

Can anyone put me in touch with some caving clubs in Romania please? It appears there is a lot of red tape and legal issues which could make access difficult for us  :confused:

yrammy

We do have material in the British Caving Library but as someone else said Oana would be the best contact for you. I can put her in tough with you if you like.
Mary

complex

The Shepton Mallet Caving Club went to the Apuseni Mountains in Romania in Summer 2009. this is written up in their journal - series 13 number 5 which is in the British Caving Library (although searching for it using the online search function doesnt return any articles :( ).

Alternatively you could contact the SMCC direct is you wanted to buy a copy of the journal (although the information in it is 10 years old, it does include information including surveys of a few caves).

Keris82

yrammy said:
We do have material in the British Caving Library but as someone else said Oana would be the best contact for you. I can put her in tough with you if you like.
Mary

Where is the British caving library? I have been 8n touch with Oana. Thanks!

Les W

Keris82 said:
yrammy said:
Mary

Where is the British caving library? I have been 8n touch with Oana. Thanks!

http://caving-library.org.uk/

It's in Glutton Bridge, in the Peak District but they have an online enquiry service...