trips for next year

smollett

Don't know the deal with permits yet but got a few trip ideas for next year.
Really want to do some stuff on leck fell. Was thinking of a lost johns to rumbling exchange. Sounds tough at the bottom. nc3 says something about 5 constricted bends and a 5 metre duck. Would have to do it over the summer and pray for dry weather.
Hammer pot is another one i really want to do.
Also planning on going to maricaibo as soon as i get home if anyone else is interested.

What does anyone else want to do over the next year?

T

tubby two

go to the helly, maybe pop to inglethief caff for a breccy, hill in for a swifty then maybe the marton arms for a burger then back to the helly?

tt.

p.s. leck permits wold be good to get, lost johns is a brilliant cave, and i'd like to do gavel and notts too.
we need to get further afield as well, theres good stuff in derbyshire which only takes as long to drive to as yorkshire, a mendip weekend would be long but worth it (even if just for the hunters) and i've never been to sarf wales.

newcastlecaver

birks fell- any chance of getting a permit for this- or can UNCC no longer get them? I could try through YSS? anyone else fancy it at some point?

GemmaJones

James - would prefer Notts on Leck Fell if poss. I still like Lost John's but have done that several times now, but keep missing any trips people do down Notts. Am up for Hammer, but think i may need to get into training for that one. I'm not sure my recent gardening activities count as keeping cave fit!!

T

tubby two

Notts and birks, good call. keep the ol' gits happy.

note the lack of typo there, birks, not burkes. dont want to know anymore about people doing that particular trip...

tt.