pridhamsleigh access

mrodoc

Please do this. Farmer has apparently been a little unhappy about some parties' behaviour recently.

dave uppy

Always pay my dues, although it narks me, its goodwill of landowners that enables us to enjoy what we do.  I guess there is no issue with diving in there?  I haven't seen anything in the cdg newsletters for a while on it. Will post something in the cdg forum as well

mrodoc

No problems with diving. Bear in mind if you haven't been in there for some years that there are now a number of lines in Prid 2 although the main shot is easy to recognise. Also to help decompression staging the main shot line is tagged. You can see this on a Youtube video Pat Morets posted not long ago. As far as I am concerned the only problem with diving is getting the kit there (and keeping it/getting it clean) ;)

Dirt Diver

Feeling stroppy enough to register & post (having been a guest reader hereabouts for years...).
I have just been in Prid behind a large group (9) who entered the cave at 7pm. I'm not sure it they paid, but they certainly didn't log onto the blackboard as requested by the sign very clearly. Silly behaviour risks access for all of us. As I was on my own I didn't really feel that I could or should speak to them, and I doubt that they read this forum, but nevertheless...

Les W

Is it possible they were a commercially led group?
I think some cave leaders have their own arrangements with the owner...

Just a thought. :-\

Joe90

I'm not in the country right now so can't vouch for the people I work with most, if it was them entering bit I know they don't sign but do pay, as greed with the farmer. Other local centres will sign and not pay untill end of the month.

Dirt Diver

Fair 'nuff. I feel much less grumpy on someone else's behalf therefore. However, it still seems odd to have a system that not everyone has to use, especially when it's a really easy one. I can see that a payment agreement for large regular users makes better sense than carrying multiples of ?1.50 around. Oh well.  :)

alasdair neill

The arrangement as stated is that all groups however they must pay must enter details on the board. I know critiscisms have been levelled at a certain centre not a million miles from Buckfastleigh for not doing this, just leaving details on the envelope with payment.
  For my part seeing a group in the cave who have not appeared on the board suggests they are floting the rules which is totally unacceptable, but must bear in mind that the landowner may just have rubbed them off the board.