A challenge for Whitelackington

kay

bearing in mind it's nearly that time of year again ...

.... could you find some really cheering news links to share with us? Things that will make us feel positive and upbeat?

:tease:

whitelackington

I think this weeks most positive news is that our government are set to build us a coastline full of wind turbines,
thus reducing our dependence on fuel imports.  :beer:

Rob

whitelackington said:
I think this weeks most positive news is that our government are set to build us a coastline full of wind turbines,
thus reducing our dependence on fuel imports.

....by blowing our island further south, hence reducing the energy we use on heating.  ;)

gus horsley

Ah, but if we went in the direction of most of the prevailing winds we'd be blown to the northeast wouldn't we?  Or would Cornwall just get bent around a bit?

Hatstand

kay said:

.... could you find some really cheering news links to share with us? Things that will make us feel positive and upbeat?

I'm not made to feel positive and upbeat by WL's effort - for I am only reminded that we're all doomed....  :cry:

Hatstand said:
kay said:

I'm not made to feel positive and upbeat by WL's effort - for I am only reminded that we're all doomed....  :cry:

You're right! Whitelackington, you haven't done enough to allay my doubts and fears... try harder please! Lest Santa forsakes thee!

Peter Burgess

How recent does the good news have to be? Look for the second paragraph after Call out July 10th.

http://sussexsearch.squarespace.com/north-downs/

Another 'success' last Saturday was a search in torrential rain ending with the discovery of the remains of a man missing since July at Battle. It hasn't made the news - there's a more sensational 'missing person' story in the papers at the moment. Sad news, finding a body, but at least it has given the family closure before Christmas. These Police coordinated search organisations are an initiative of Sussex Police, and mean that expensive police resources are not tied up scouring the countryside for missing people. Does it make the news? Of course not, it's much easier to knock the police for (not) catching and fining speeding drivers.

whitelackington

I am sorry you didn't like my good news story

how about FAT BARSTAD DOG ATE ALL THE PIES
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7142115.stm

kay

Rob said:
....by blowing our island further south, hence reducing the energy we use on heating.  ;)

Rather like San Seriffe?

"1970 Scientists estimate that the process of erosion peculiar to the islands is causing them to drift towards Sri Lanka at a rate of 1.4km a year. Calculations suggest the islands will hit the coast of Sri Lanka on January 3, 2011."