Smiley Alan

were can i get  some ?

NewStuff said:
Kenilworth said:
Les W said:
Smiley Alan said:
bograt said:
Kenilworth said:
What if the regional or national body doesn't provide guidelines for responsible caving?

Then its up to its members to request (or formulate) them.

Id like to request  them .

my guess is a  qualifation would be a good  proof .does BCA think that woud  be a bench mark ?

I'm pretty sure BCA's membership won't think a qualification is a good idea...

My own guess is that BCA is not qualified to provide such guidelines.
At any rate, even if they could, they never will. For BCA, or NSS, to insist on a responsible membership would be to insist on quality over quantity. Responsible caving, in fact, requires that the number of cavers be reduced. And as the constant discussions about growing membership proves, the only way that these organizations measure success is quantitatively.

I've told you before. Education. Without it bad things happen, with it places are respected. Respect for places is the first thing people are taught in any club I have been in, havae contact with, hell, even non-club people teach this. Maybe it's different over there.

NewStuff

I can't make up my mind between you trolling, or just being really bad at putting across what you're getting at.

What do you mean by education? Basic "Do's and Dont's"? Geology? Conservation? Technology? Surveying? All of those I have been taught or asked about and had informative answers, in both a club and individual setting.

Irrespective of that, why not try asking? It's always a good first step.