Cave Rescue Confrence

C

cucc Paul

The cave rescue confference in the mendip went well... i didnt make it down to any of the underground workshops but the debriefs were positive. There were lots of laughs and such... on saturday night, sunday morning especially. The rescue race was a sight to behold especially when a dam was broken upstream from where the rescuers were crawling through a shallow muddy river, if you were the casualty i think you would have suffered more injuries from your evacuation than the original accident... the pig roast was really nice and the bands were great...

cap n chris

I don't recall seeing anyone hobbling around on crutches so you must have recovered well from your own incident!

C

cucc Paul

Yeah no crutches or brace any more... lost them on thiursday... was hobbling a bit though.

cap n chris

Were you wearing a light blue sweatshirt with striped blue loose trousies on the Saturday, perchance?

Rhys

I enjoyed the weekend too. I think there's Butcombe still running around in my veins...!

Rhys

lizzy

hello i would have really liked to have gone up to the mendips on the weekend in my backbrace to say hello and thanks to all helped in my rescue even i know all 200 odd people wouldnt be there but most of you would have, however none of my fellow cavers where free to drive me up there so im sorry to have missed it. but i only have to wear the brace for another 16 days...
lizzy

cap n chris

Looks like it could almost have been re-named the "2005 Rescued Caver Conference". :D

CUCC Paul - black hair, sitting down mostly. I think you're on one of my photos somewhere.