A Rock and a Hard Place - the story of Fairy Cave Quarry

Laurie

Andy must have run out of DVD stocks.....
whistle2.gif

Andy Sparrow

Laurie said:
Andy must have run out of DVD stocks.....
whistle2.gif

Still got plenty!  Just think the time comes to release these things into the public domain.  When all's said and done the only thing we ever wanted was for people to watch our film.

rhychydwr1

Odd, no female cavers and how did the camera man get through the squeezes and the other obstructions before he cavers?

The Old Ruminator

I have to say it all over again.

Not popular with those who did most of the work and research over at Fairy Cave Quarry. We are airbrushed from history. :(

The Old Ruminator

Maybe far less dramatic but much nearer to the truth.

http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=15131.0

Discussed again on Facebook this week when other political points came to light and the film was quoted as The True Story . Still I dont want an argument its just an opinion of somebody who was there right though from the mid 1960's to today and whose opinion was never asked for back when the film was done. Pete Rose and Graham Price were similiarly annoyed I believe.

Andy Sparrow

I fully appreciate and respect your view on this, and we have both previously stated our positions in Descent magazine.  I'm away for a week but on my return I will respond to your comments here.

The Old Ruminator

No problem Andy. Nothing personal intended re this. Just my view re the film and whose to say I am right about everything. I did hear that there were constraints placed upon you at the time which might have influenced the way things were done. Hearsay I must admit. Best Regards Nick.

pete rose

ah yes ....April the 8th 1969....Shatter cave found by Ray Saxton and Pete Conway of the Cerberus...not a mention. Hard to believe that little research was done  to check  accuracy! plenty of newsletters and log books available.

Graigwen

tony from suffolk said:
Mind you, some of the "actors" were a bit dodgy. 'Specially one of those monks!  :halo:

It completely spoiled the film for me to see Benedictine monks portrayed in brown habits instead of black  :)