New caver to area - looking to meet up

John_Smith

I thought that I would post this here since Portland is my "local" caving patch now. Though local is still far - I'm in Southampton!

Moved down from Wales having explored various mines and caves where I also volunteered with NWCRO for over a year.

Any local people around that would fancy meeting up? I'm not adverse to hard work or uncomfortable conditions!

I did pop over to Portland 2 weeks ago and checked out Grove Cliff Caves and Persil Rift. I think the latter got its name from the cleaning product - it was rather mucky to say the least.

If anyone is interested or can point me out in the right direction, I would be grateful.

Cheers!

tim.rose2

Hi,

I can probably help as I spend a lot of time down holes on Portland.  You'd be very welcome to join us.  Do a fair bit of digging but also happy to show you around the place.  Always looking for more people to help on our mad projects.

Be warned, in comparison to Wales you may find some of the caves a little disappointing.  Plenty of fun to be had though. 

Best email me direct - tim.rose2@gmail.com and I'll let you know what we're up and when.

Cheers
Tim