Eldon Hill quarry

Pete K

Sorting the deep potholes and 'moat' out on the lane ahead of some filming in the quarry. DCA are working up there on some shafts for the farmer, so I've been passed the digger and driver a few times. Done a good job of the track.
I have no idea what they will be filming there, but maybe give the quarry caves a miss for a week or two.

Pete K

I'm keen to hear from anyone passing Eldon Quarry this week if it looks like they are still filming up there. Got a DCA job about to start nearby but they are obviously taking over the parking.
Let me know when you passed and if there were vehicles or signs there please. Ta!

Pete K

The Quarry and the Peak Forest to Sparrowpit back road will be shut from 10th August to 10th September.
They are working in the quarry right now, so assume trips to sites there are out until Sept 10th. Access to Eldon Hole might be affected as the road is shut.

Pete K

It has now been confirmed that the quarry is shut to cavers from now until early September due to a permit for exclusive access for a filming company. Please avoid all caves in the quarry until the filming is complete. There is 24 hour security on site.

Pete K

Yes, that is second hand info from Peak Travel Watch Facebook but DCA has received formal notification of the quarry being closed for exclusive use to the film crew at 3pm today.

Nick Canute

Thanks for posting this.. i had just commented on an older post regarding side track and was about to start another thread here, wondering what was going on in the quarry and how access was affected. Good to know it's not a permanent access ban.

Katie

According to the Buxton weather website it is being used for filming the next series of 'unforgotten'. Which I think is an itv crime drama?

pwhole

I reckon it's more likely to be a giant manufacturing operation disguised as an ITV crime drama. I mean, how long does it take to film one scene? Four weeks?!  :confused:

Roger W

Some of the actors are probably really plasticene models with the action being shot one frame at a time.

A_Northerner

I wonder how their marquees and tents fared after last night's epic thunderstorm? Night-time security guard must have had a hell of a shift!