Hi All

242jane

Just wanted to say hi,
I am still pretty new to caving as I decided to take it up in Oct 19 and joined the TSG, didn't manage to go out much then Lockdown arrived :mad:
I have since been out a few times during the last few months with The Caving Crew ;)  I have loved every minute of it. I have overcome fears, had a good laugh and met a lovely bunch of people. I even surprised my self and managed to get to grips with some SRT basics so that I can explore more of our underground world as soon as I get the chance,

PeteHall

Hi Jane and welcome to caving and the cavers forum!

It's been a bit of an odd year for caving (and everything else), so it can't be the easiest time to get into it.

Hopefully things will settle down soon and we can get back to it a bit better, but in the meantime I tend to think of the forum as a bit like the only cavers pub that's still open! There are a bunch of regulars propping up the bar, while various passing cavers pop in for a quick half (or heavy session). Others sit in the corner listening to the chat but keep to themselves. While there may be the odd heated discussion, we all have at least one thing in common and seeing someone new joining our sport (and enjoying it) is something that I think everyone enjoys.  :beer:

tdobson

242jane said:
I have since been out a few times during the last few months with The Caving Crew ;)  I have loved every minute of it. I have overcome fears, had a good laugh and met a lovely bunch of people.

Can't wait to go on more trips with you Jane! ;)

Will be a great day when we can do Bagshawe Lower Series together!

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Jane, welcome to caving and to ukcaving.com  ;)

Check out www.newtocaving.com

Hope you get back underground soon.

All the best, Jane