Wanted - Mendip underground 5th edition

Cave_Wren

Hey Folks,
I'd really like to get my hands on my own copy of the 5th edition of Mendip underground, if anyone has one they no longer use please contact me. Also the 6th edition is said to be coming out in 2021 so if anyone is not currently an active caver or is going to upgrade to 6th edition, I'd be interested in buying a copy, heavily used or damaged spine/ mud is fine too, just need the content!

If you know anyone selling a copy can you point me in their direction 😊

Drop me a message or one with a phone number or I can give you mine if you like  :D

mikem

MCRA still have copies of the 4th edition for ?5, but 6th is likely to be delayed:
https://www.mcra.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=for_sale

Time to reawaken this thread - I’m looking for a copy of mendip underground as well. Preferably 5 but would settle for 4th edition.

As an aside does anyone know when the new one is actually coming out?

bscreen

I've got copy of Mendip Underground for sale on ebay currently at 99p, along with lots of other books if anyone still looking

mikem

That one is also MU4 (other copies on MCRA for sale link under JRat's bequest). MU5 has sold out

martinr

I can’t see MU4 on there, it just has MU5 listed and it’s sold out?
Scroll down to where it says:

J-RAT'S BEQUEST​

In the weeks leading up to his death, Tony Jarratt very generously donated his remaining stock of the fourth edition of “Mendip Underground” and Herbert Balch's classic “Mendip - Its Swallet Caves and Rock Shelters” to the Mendip Cave Registry and Archive. It was Tony's wish that the books be sold by the MCRA to raise funds for the publication of a fifth edition of “Mendip Underground”. The MCRA will fulfil Tony's wish in the next 2 to 3 years and will dedicate the new book to both Tony and Dave Irwin, his co-author for the third and fourth editions.
The sale price for both books has been fixed at £5 each. The two books can be bought together (while stocks last) for a discounted price of £9.

https://www.mcra.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=for_sale