Cales dale lower cave

markpot

After a bit of knowledge on this one. Twenty plus years caving in the peak and i haven't got in here yet. Given the stable weather at the moment we thought it may be about time we had a poke, we have our bca cards, any one with experience of the place please post up  (y)

It was monitored weekly during the superb weather in 2018 and never opened up then. After the weather we had in May I would be surprised if this year was different....In my opinion of course.

Moose

My humble opinion is that we are currently a very long way off getting access to the far reaches of LCDC as a result of the recent weather conditions.

AR

My gut feeling is that it'd need a fairly dry winter followed by a normal summer for any chance of the further parts being accessible. Of course, if you want to do a lot of flat-out grovelling in that area, there's Critchlow...

Katie

Moose said:
Now there's a cave to sort out the men from the boys!

Although, of course, it is completely impossible to tell anything apart from a fox poo by the time you come out again.....

AR

I've been thinking of having a check of the central dale to see if the tufa cave is accessible yet - that's an interesting little collector's piece!

FabianE

Tried to locate the entrance to the lower section on a walk recently... GPS coordinates brought me here?

PXL_20220903_143556744.NIGHT.jpg

Reactions: Rob