?? Short cave with obvious sink/resurgence in derbyshire

alastairgott

Me and a friend are prepping and want one last check to see that some dye tracing works.

We have used Yordas before for an "obvious" dye trace, with a sink/resurgence very obvious and were thinking of similar examples, came up with Heron Pot (both of these examples being Yorkshire)

But the million dollar question, are there any obvious sink/resurgence caves in Derbyshire where you could place dye in and see it come out in a matter of hours.

A) it would save us a trip to Yorkshire, in the 14days before we go away.
B) it's a fun question!  :LOL:

Pitlamp

Perryfoot to Rake Shaft base? But talk to John Gunn to make sure you don't compromise any of his water tracing work.

Giants streamway, through the section barred by sumps? (Comment re J Gunn as above).

Brains

Pitlamp said:
Perryfoot to Rake Shaft base? But talk to John Gunn to make sure you don't compromise any of his water tracing work.

Giants streamway, through the section barred by sumps? (Comment re J Gunn as above).
On the way to Giants Hole, you pass the small resurgence of Giants Cave, with its associated sink just over the shoulder of the hill...

Mark

I believe John Gunn is currently carrying out quite a bit of dry tracing at the moment, I'm not sure where though.
Rob Eavis might know.

It would be a shame to potentially mess up the results, by randomly chucking dye in sinks

alastairgott

I will be sure to ask John, we?ve exchanged emails in the last couple of hours about the location of the depth gauge I placed in giants last night. As an aside, does anyone have the raw data for spout hall to east canal? As we?re trying to work out a more accurate elevation and position of the depth gauge.

Rob

Mark said:
I believe John Gunn is currently carrying out quite a bit of dry tracing at the moment, I'm not sure where though.
Rob Eavis might know.

It would be a shame to potentially mess up the results, by randomly chucking dye in sinks
The trace to Rake Shaft is finished, and i don't know of any more underway at the moment.

alastairgott said:
...As an aside, does anyone have the raw data for spout hall to east canal? As we?re trying to work out a more accurate elevation and position of the depth gauge.
...of course we do. It's on the Peak Master. Or do you need more data?