Adopt a crag in The Peak

ashaw

Students from Buxton College studying the outdoor pursuits course are covering an impact and sustainability unit together with the service section of their Duke of Edinburgh Award by adopting a crag.
Students have chosen crags that they regularly climb at to adopt and look after. This gives them a good excuse to go climbing both in and out of class and clear up any rubbish they come across at the same time. The crags that they will be keeping a watchful eye on include;
Birchen Edge
The roaches
Castle Naze
Stanage
Laurence Field
Higger Tor
Gardoms Edge
Black rocks
You can help us with this project by reporting any rubbish etc to our facebook page; Buxton College Outdoor/Adventure
Cheers Allan Shaw (course Co-ordinator Outdoor Sport)

Nigelh

Good Stuff! I'm sure Black Rocks will keep your students busy. We've had a couple of bags full of rubbish from there more than once.

ashaw

yes one of my students goes climbing there all the time and has took part in a number of clean ups he said it can get into a bit of a mess

ashaw

well a lot of climbers go caving and vice versa including me but hey i am just trying to spread the word

underground

Gollum said:
I'm not being funny but shouldn't this be aimed at climbers  :-\ I thought this was ukcaving.
I'd say it should be aimed at anyone who cares about stuff like this, I know I do...

graham

Gollum said:
I'm very interested in bestiality so should we bring that onto ukcaving  :LOL:

Are you saying, like ashaw that a lot of, err ... particpants in that go caving ... and vice versa?  :-\

bograt

Gollum said:
I'm very interested in bestiality so should we bring that onto ukcaving  :LOL:

I have Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Dogs, Cats and  Chickens, Send your preference, I'm sure we can agree a price ;) ;)

Pitlamp

ashaw said:
well a lot of climbers go caving and vice versa including me but hey i am just trying to spread the word

Nowt wrong with that - and well done. I'm mainly a caver but I've climbed extensively on all those crags and I found what you posted very interesting. Keep up the good work.

owd git

Dear Mr. Bograt;
DSC04249.jpg

once you've ridden a Tortoise there's no going back!