Sid Perou...the adventures continue....

richardg

Yesterday was spent with Sid Perou the internationally famous adventure movie maker with his wife Meaw and extended family.
Quite of few of us gathered to wish him a happy birthday.

Amazing that at eighty he's still very fit, interestingly also is to note the large number of his contemporaries who are still active around the world enjoying the adventurous life, such as my friend Howard Beck just back from Australia and still writing books.

I had conversations with other explorers including Carol Whalley  who has also written a book on her early adventures as a cave explorer and her husband John Whalley who with another close friend of mine Arthur Champion has decades earlier done what I have done more recently with Angus Welsh explored caves in the far away South American jungles of  Ecuador......

Another friend there was John Conway who once drove a double decker London (?) transport bus over to India back in the 1960's with  a  bunch of other explorers to search for caves in the Himalayas.
Other friends I chatted with were  Simon Beck , Phill Ryder and Graham and Barbara Hook, Dick Willis, John and Wendy Thorpe, Jim Newton an early pioneer with his wife and daughter, Brian and Susan Swales and many others
There were many others there, all I'm sure with exciting stories to tell from their own life's experiences,.

Thank you Sid for your friendship over the years, you are one of a kind, a pioneer of the adventure film genre..... And a very fine gentleman..... Who has inspired and encouraged many during your long and full life.......

Adventurers seem to go on and on, when others fall by the roadside of life..... Maybe it's got something to do with the passion for endeavoring to  living life to the full whatever the circumstances.........

Subpopulus Hibernia

Just read all 80-odd postings in one sitting there. Fabulous story - it's a pity it ends after 80 days though. I'd encourage whoever was posting from John's Facebook page to put up the other 70/80 pages that complete the story.