Solo - award winning film from 1997

Andy Sparrow

Now that YouTube has extended the length of films that can be uploaded, I am very pleased to be able to put Solo into the public domain. Solo is a film that will resonate with most cavers, but especially those who actively seek the unexplored.

http://youtu.be/woJ6GMw58ig

richardg

Thank you for sharing this Andy. (y)

You and your friends created a master piece there.

Felt such familiarity to elements throughout the scenario..

Everything about your movie was real, that feeling of isolation when your out on a limb, pushing on...

Excellent!!!! :clap:

estelle

excellent, really enjoyed that and brought back some memories of Brian when he was alive too, which was lovely.  :)

Sid

The other half watched it last night and said

"Its quite scary, but very good"

Thanks Andy.

mrodoc

When I was in the States somebody was bemoaning the fact that they had lost their copy and were really pleased to hear it was out on Youtube.  We are still looking for that elusive series of shafts - but from the inside :)

Alex

Seen it before, very dramatic as I can relate, solo exploring a cave in Dachstien then part of the roof in a crawl fell on my legs. Luckily it was light enough for me to carry on crawling.

rhychydwr1

I am a bit puzzles by this video.  First I did not recognise the cave entrance.  I might not have bottomed all the caves on Mendip but at least I always managed to find the entrance.  Did the caver leave note of which cave he went down and what time he was expected home?  I think not.  Another puzzle, how did the camera man get there first?  He was always the other side of a squeeze.  Was there an easy way around?  I recognised the cave as Goughs by the Swiss Village and the formation at the end of the show cave. If the caver got into Goughs by the back door, surely he would say where the entrance is.  It would save us all ?18.00 a person to get in.  I think the minimum party for caving is three people. Finally, can I recommend a battery mounted helmet and three forms of light with spares.

tamarmole

Splendid film.

The mention of Mike Willet in the credits brought back memories of a very pissy night in the Belfry last century when Mike demonstrated a rather eye watering trick!

Andy Sparrow

tamarmole said:
Splendid film.

The mention of Mike Willet in the credits brought back memories of a very pissy night in the Belfry last century when Mike demonstrated a rather eye watering trick!

Did the trick involve a mousetrap on part of his anatomy?  Mike really only body doubles in Solo and did not really have the chance to display his acting talents.  In our subsequent film, 'A Rock and a Hard Place', he really stole the show and had much of the script re-written around him.  This film will be uploaded onto YouTube very soon.

cap n chris

Andy Sparrow said:
In our subsequent film, 'A Rock and a Hard Place', he really stole the show and had much of the script re-written around him.  This film will be uploaded onto YouTube very soon.

John Williams really loves that film; yes he does.

Hughie

Cap'n Chris said:
Andy Sparrow said:
In our subsequent film, 'A Rock and a Hard Place', he really stole the show and had much of the script re-written around him.  This film will be uploaded onto YouTube very soon.

John Williams really loves that film; yes he does.

;) ;)