Casualty

Rachel

So who's going to admit to being rivetted by the caving disaster on Casualty last night? I was most impressed at the instructor's rescue techniques (for those who didn't see it, he rigged a rope, leaned head first down the pitch whilst holding the rope with one hand behind his back and then - you guessed it - fell headfirst down the hole). At least that annoying Simon appears to have copped it in the sump, so it wasn't all bad!

Rachel

dunc

I didn't watch it so obviously missed a good laugh :?
Someone I know watched it and from what I can gather from their description it sounded crap and provided yet more bizarre tv based ideas on what caving supposedly involves...Tossers! :wink:

SamT

Go on then, give us an quick synopsis.

Was it as bad as the Hollyoaks one which basically went something like -

Bunch of lads go off for 'Lads' weekend, caving. Bunch of novices plus one experieced leader.
Party wanders around (long churn) a couple of them necking beer from cans.
Party gets split up after one goes off for a dump. find lost member by following empty beer cans. Exit collapses in with rock fall, cave starts to flood.
Party decide only way out is to free dive 'Hell sump' which, after much panicing by one memeber and some man to man talking, they all do.

Well filmed but appauling plot.

Rachel

For anyone who missed it, here's the plot so far..........

Weirdly enough, there are amazing similarities between the Hollyoaks and Casualty storylines - must have just recycled the script, changing a few minor details. The general drift was that Harry, Lara and Simon were one team on a team-building exercise. They had to follow a trail of sweets through a cave as the last stage, so in they went, followed by an instructor who was generally lurking in the background when he wasn't busy flirting with Lara. The intrepid 3 stopped about 2 mins into the cave and had a row about which way to go, resulting in Harry storming off down a side passage and straight down a pitch! As Harry was lying at the bottom in agony, the instructor popped up, shouted 'I'm coming' and did his own falling-down-the-pitch trick. This guy managed to land on his head, lose the use of all four limbs and then get hypothermia. Unfortunately, Lara and Simon couldn't do much to raise the alarm as they couldn't find their way out, having eaten the sweetie trail that got them in in the first place! Next followed the obligatory flooding, a quick decision to leave the instructor as he was a dead loss anyway and a miraculous escape (for Harry and Lana) through the sump. The closing scene was a lovely close up shot of Simon floating unconscious under the water.......to be continued next week.

God, don't these programmes give cavers a bade name? I had my mum hysterical on the phone after she saw it - that's all I need!

Rachel

A

Ann

:D Couldn't have described it better myself. Fortunately I laughed so much that my Husband is fairly confident that this does not happen in real life.

SamT

:LOL: :LOL:

check out official site here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/casualty/

and check out the preview of next week here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/casualty/casualtycu1.shtml

suppose our insurance preems will go up another notch once Mr Big insurance broker settles down for some relaxing saturday night TV.
:roll:

H

Huw Groucutt

If this is the same programme that people were talking about at digging last night it sounds pretty dodgy.

Apparantly the script was a LOT worse but they showed CRO the proposed scripts, and Mark Lumley aka Gonzo, got involved and helped to tone it down a lot but obviously not totally!

Despite the poor script it was meant to be quite accurate with the equipment etc? Oversuits and BDH's etc, good advert for warmbac!