passing thru the low airspace.......

E

eyecave

how is best?????.......is it better to lie on the back, or, to roll to the side????????...............feetfirst or headfirst?????........cumonnnnnnnn.........whatddahyathink? :?:

bubba

Administrator
Headfirst on my back always seems the most comfy, or feet first if you need to feel for airspace with your feet. I guess it depends how low and how constricted the passage is.

If you go in headfirst at least someone can yank your wellies to get you back out again!!

seamoose

Go thru head first on front!
Then tilt head to side when realise there ain't enough airspace :?
Then end up rolling on to back when realise there still ain't enough airspace... :oops:

J

underground

Or end up nearly drowning in Streaks even though he's done it before, like someone we know quite well! :shock:

Johnny

Its probably wise to go through chest down as you can see where you are going and make fewer waves.
It helps if you have a big conc, Tony used to be good at it as he had a snorkel for a nose :)
If I know the passage I like to go through on my back, that way I can put my tobacco between my teeth to keep it dry. 8)

E

eyecave

what i prefer is headfirst , either belly down or on the side.......but, in a really "dodgy" spot i always go feet first on my back,..........i can keep my nose closer to the ceiling when on my back than i can whenever i am on my belly or side......i can look down easier than up, and also see the waves coming, the helmet is off, and what you ask is the main reason i like to go feetfirst?.....well, if my feet get in trouble my head is concerned and still able to act because i can still breath and i am close to the larger passage and its a shorter trip out of trouble!!!....on the other hand if my head became fatally stuck my feet would flail uselessly untill told to stop or pulled forcefully by my friends!!...........i do however hate the way the helmet and light takes up one hand and the gear the other whenever going in feetfirst!!..... ........ 8) :shock: :?: