Craig A Ffynnon

mikekushy

Sorry if there has already been a topic about this started before.

A few questions:

1. Any theories on how close the cave is to Daren?where might any expected connection points be? (Height difference and length).

2. Is there any modern surveys available? I've noticed yellow dots about the place.

3. Is there a way around the 5th boulder choke?

I would really like to work in CAF? if anyone is currently working in there and wants a young pair of digging hands to help you can always send me a private message.  :)

alastairgott

The llangattock exploration journal is the best place to start for all this information (and much more besides). Its a chelsea publication. I'm sure they will peddle one to you for some coins.

Number 19 on this list. http://www.chelseaspelaeo.org/publications2.htm

mikekushy

Thanks Alastair?I will get one on order.

I've got a few more questions in my head that this book will hopefully answer.

mrodoc

The Fifth choke is the obvious place to dig. The original diggers have moved on/got older and younger diggers have moved to pastures new. However the cave is obviously ripe for extension by a determined team.

mikekushy

Nice?sounds like time someone stepped in 😉 Didn't get time to explore too much on my last trip..but there is an interesting bit on the left hand side that doesn't look like it's seen much travel recently.

At the big junction after the severn tunnel where you turn right to go to Helectite/promised land...what happens if you go straight on?

Minion

Several teams are active in the cave, with something new being found just a few weeks ago. Planning a return with a maypole in the near future.

There?s plenty more to be found around the cave, not just in it.

mikekushy

Minion said:
Several teams are active in the cave, with something new being found just a few weeks ago. Planning a return with a maypole in the near future.

There?s plenty more to be found around the cave, not just in it.

Hi Minion?

I'm presuming you mean you in Daren rather than Craig?

I'm thinking to try and find a way through the 5th boulder choke..but of course I wouldn't want to step on any toes.

If I lived in Wales a surface dig on top of the hill would be a great idea? but I wouldnt be able to commit to a long term dig in Wales currently.