How to upload a photo that isnt the file type required

Hello everyone
The team at CavefestUK are having problems with people trying to upload their photos to the thread. A lot of photos were taken on iPhones and android phones and the files are not compatable.
They desperately need some advice.

Thanks again
Neil
CavefestUK

Benfool

Convert them to a format that is okay? There are lots of online services that do this, for example:

https://image.online-convert.com/

B

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All, have tried to upload a photo from my phone and can't ( I usually use my laptop). Have asked Q to take a look.
If anyone can upload a photo from their phone, please let me know, so I can find out what I'm doing wrong- blummin technology  :mad:

chunky

Works for me on android
e1e2a705bef773684ffe2f54699475b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

MarkS

It looks like I can attach photos from my mobile (without using tapatalk) with no problem.

Attachments

• DSC_0207.JPG
    DSC_0207.JPG
    581.4 KB · Views: 219

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Keris82 said:
I have no idea how to upload a picture.  Please can someone enlighten me?

Hi Keris, please see the first post on this thread.  Though it's still a work in progress on how to upload from my mobile at least  ;)

https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=19799.0

Cheers, Jane

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Keris82 said:
Ok so trying to attach a pic direct from my phone but I get an error and it won't work :(

Me too!  Hopefully Q will be able to sort it - hope so as nearly threw my phone out the window last night  ;)

Leclused

Direct photo from my iPhone.

But it only works when you take the photo at the moment when you are making the post. When selecting a photo from the photo lib on my iPhone I also got the message that the format was incorrect.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    680.4 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    680.4 KB · Views: 220

mikem

Newer iphones use HEIF as it compresses the picture file smaller & thus can store more photos - should be possible to add this as an option. Screen shots are already in PNG format, as apparently it is better for webpages

Alternatively (for future use): How do I convert iPhone photos to JPEG?
Here's how to make the setting change in iOS:
Open the ?Settings? app on the iPhone and go to ?Camera?
Choose ?Formats? and select ?Most Compatible? to shoot photos in JPEG format on iPhone camera.
Exit out of Settings.

Benfool

Can you see what format the iphone has saved the images as? I suspect its HEIF which will be incompatable with this forum.

You can apparently change the format the iphone saves images as in Settings --> camera --> Formats --> most compatible - then it will save them as jpeg.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
I have a Samsung galaxy a5 2017

Have just learnt how to take a screen shot (!) sent to laptop and here it is attached via laptop.

Screen shot is what I see on phone. Once I click post, nothing happens - any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Jane

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190828-101026_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190828-101026_Chrome.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 211

Q

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all, hopefully the image issue should now be resolved :)

Attachments

• mwo,x1000,iphone_xs_soft-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u3.jpg
    mwo,x1000,iphone_xs_soft-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u3.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 306