Current conditions

T

twllddu

Can anyone tell me what the conditions are like up in Chapel-le-Dale at the moment ? Has it been raining much, is it wet under foot etc. I could even ask for underground conditions but heaven help us if it goes the way of another thread......

dunc

Haven't a clue about CLD but in Blackpool the last week has been generally cloudy with some sunny spells - and a few drizzly showers bunged in..

Have you tried the Ribblehead Weather Station website - I know it ain't Chapel-le-Dale - but its close!?

http://www.ribblehead.f9.co.uk/

Rachel

I like the mountain forecast for Whernside

http://www.metcheck.com/MountainForecast.asp?lat=54&lon=-2&MountainID=126&Arr=151&level=1000

combined with the view out of my kitchen window (of Ingleborough).

T

twllddu

Thanks for the info. We didn't get too damp at the weekend.

dunc

what rain ?
Exactly! Some light drizzly stuff apparently was cause for concern, even though there was very little water about - naff all coming out of the resurgences that I saw in the morning/noon - Great Douk/Sunset/Hardrawkin were all fine (I've done the first two in far wetter conditions before!)
Unfortunately can't argue the point with the owner I guess! although I can see his point of concern in that we pay to go in so effectively he is liable which I can see as being a problem in our twisted blame culture.. :?

mudmonkey

Does this mean that White Scar is open again? If so, what's the score with access - write in advance or just turn up and hope it's not raining?

dunc

Does this mean that White Scar is open again? If so, what's the score with access - write in advance or just turn up and hope it's not raining?
Yes it is open again as rrcpc had a permit for Saturday.. I think access was obtained about a month in advance but that was to secure it on a certain date so less than a month may well be fine, unless anyone knows different?
Turning up on the day without prior permission may be pushing things a bit - you have to be underground before 10.30 and out before 5pm and I also believe the minimum party size was 3 but no maximum, no carbide, cost is £2.50..