Caving clubs near swindon

SamHughes

Hey everyone ,

Not sure if I've posted this in the right section but I thought as I'm new to caving I'd post in the new carvers section.

Recently moved to Swindon and looking to get involved in some caving, does anybody know any local caving clubs ? i don't have any caving experience so though id be best off joining a club!

Thanks

Sam

Peter Burgess

There is a Swindon Caving Club - they are our "neighbours" at Penwyllt in South Wales. They are lovely people, but I have to say that I have rarely if ever seen them going off for a caving trip! I expect I am just down in Wales at the wrong times...... Failing that, Swindon is ideally situated for Somerset or South Wales, so just take your pick of the relevant clubs, I suppose. BTW, WCMS welcomes anybody, within reason! We have accommodation in both Wales and Somerset at present.

badger

there is also the clubs in the forest of dean, closest possible is the Gloucester caving club

Joe Duxbury

Yes, I think we, Gloucester SS, are the closest club. See our website, www.gloucester-speleo.org for more information. Send me an email if you like.
If all you want is a club to go caving with, then it doesn't really matter where they are. You just meet up with them at wherever it is the caving trip is happening. If you want a social aspect and training then I'd have thought you want somewhere close at hand. I think we just about qualify on that score.