wednesday evening..

E

eyecave

800feet up the south side of pocket on the west side of pidgeon mtn is a cave that starts as a rather contortionists delight of twists and mud and drippy water that seeps into and onto those who slither thru.......thus slimed the cave trip begins......this slimy climbdown is followed by decent passage 1300 feet to a 37 meter shaft......off the bottom are several small leads, none of which seem to want to end........there are two drips and two digs and blasts going on.....across the other way is an upclimb into a series of 3 interconnecting vertical shafts ......each one extends upwards into blackness and downwards to digs and blasts.................no surface entrance yet but the surface looks very promising..................for a year trips have pushed this...................why do we go weeknite after weeknite to the same grim hike up the mountain 800 vertical feet and a mile and a half to the campsite we have cleared up at the cave entrance.......well, there is the alcohol afterwards, and the cooking, and the camping.........and because if you stand in the bottom of the 125 and jump up and down on the floor you hear something very amazing..................i don't know what standing on the top of a drum larger than a city block would be like but thats what standing in the bottom of the pit and pounding on the rock on the floor feels like.........known cave hundreds of feet below us has been positively connected to the bottom of this pit via smoke, blasts, and dyes................we just can't get thru yet........ anyway, we are taking the usual instant cave and trying again this wednesday nite.....another late thursday start to work...... :shock:

bubba

Administrator
Sounds good - I think I'd ease up on the jumping up and down bit before you make the connectino a little faster than you bargained for :wink:

E

eyecave

half inch rain or more..javascript:emoticon(':shock:')
Shocked..work trip postphoned......... :(

E

eyecave

:p thursday nite another trip, blast set off, crawl into a deadend again........an hour later, checking another nearby crawl we felt something under our feet, we all felt the ground vibrate or shake or something.......the cave is located on a fault, later earthquake activity was checked and nothing had happened..........saturday two people went back to the blast and report that the rock in the blast area had shifted!....we all know rock falls in slow motion and i sincerely hope we have started something falling!!...........